Sunday, January 8, 2012

Movie Review: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Recently saw Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.  Definitely liked it.  I can’t refute a number of idiotic review-claims I’ve read without spoiling scenes, so I won’t.  But some movie reviewers need to actually, I don’t know, read some of the books before they review the movie.  I think some of them are assuming the Basil Rathbone movies are “the original”, and may not ever have actually even heard of Arthur Conan Doyle.  (Like the idiot a few years ago who thought that The Two Towers as an The Empire Strikes Back rip-off, obviously not realizing that the Ring Trilogy was written about 40 years before the Star Wars material.)

Robert Downey Jr. does another great job as Holmes, and the rest of the cast carry their weight and then some.  Some of the special cinematography is spectacular, to say the least.

Definitely a fun movie.

7 of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment